Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Banner Left
Banner Right

Nudo congress called off amid ‘chaos’

The leadership of the National Unity Democratic Organisation (Nudo) called off the party’s elective congress, which was underway in Windhoek on Saturday.

Party president Ester Muinjangue confirmed this in a media statement.

“An urgent meeting was convened tonight, in line with Article 20 of our constitution, to discuss the scenario of chaos and anarchy currently prevailing at the Ramatex venue, where we were supposed to have our long overdue congress,” she said.

Muinjangue said after considering “all issues at the party’s disposal”, it was decided to postpone the elective congress to an unknown date.

“We plead with our party members to remain calm, while the leadership will deliberate and announce the way forward,” she said.

Earlier on Saturday, party secretary general Joseph Kauandenge said there were delays in the congress owing to internal disputes.

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News