A 26-YEAR-OLD woman was arrested on Saturday at Mariental after throwing boiling water at her boyfriend and his alleged lover.
According to the police’s weekly crime report released yesterday, the woman reportedly discovered her boyfriend in bed with another woman, boiled water and threw it at them. Both victims were injured.
The boyfriend was more seriously injured and was subsequently transferred to Windhoek.
His alleged lover was admitted to the Mariental State Hospital in a stable condition.
Meanwhile, the body parts of a 63-year-old woman were found floating in the Okavango side on Friday.
The woman is suspected to have succumbed to a crocodile attack. Her body was identified by a family member. The woman is believed to have died on 4 November when she was last seen fetching water.
Her body was, however, only discovered on Friday. Her family has been informed of her death.
Two women were allegedly raped by two unknown men on Thursday in Havana after entering their room.
Both men’s faces were covered and one was said to be armed with a pistol.
The victims, who are cousins, both aged 22, are bar attendants who reside at their workplace.
The suspects allegedly got away with cash and other household items, after taking turns to rape the victims.
No arrests have been made and police investigations continue. A minor was allegedly raped by an Angolan national near a water well at a village in the Eenhana constituency on Thursday. The suspect reportedly accompanied the 13-year-old victim and two others to fetch water at the well. After some time, the other children returned without the victim.
The teenager’s guardian went to look for her and caught the suspect in the act. The suspect has been arrested.
Meanwhile, another minor was allegedly molested at Rehoboth on Tuesday.
A 55-year-old Namibian male allegedly went into the room where the 13-year-old victim was cleaning, locked the door and molested her. The victim reported the incident to her guardian, who alerted the police.
The victim was taken to hospital to be examined.
The suspect has been arrested.
An 18-year-old allegedly tried to rape a six-year-old at Kuisebmond on Friday. The suspect has not been arrested, and police investigations continue.
Moses Salom (29) is said to have taken his life at Ondangwa on Friday. he did not leave a suicide note.
Salom was reportedly taken to the Oshakati State Hospital earlier on Friday exhibiting unstable behaviour and suicidal thoughts.
His next of kin have been informed of the incident.
Kuhepa Haoseb (20) allegedly took his life on Friday at Otjiwarongo. No suicide note was left and his next of kin have been informed.
Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for
only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!